Zisl Edelson, Attorney, Ph. 847-410-9131
Estate Planning & Elder Law
J.D., M.B.A., VA Accredited
8401 Crawford Ave., Suite 104
Skokie, Illinois 60076
1. Make sure your loved ones have valid and updated finanical powers of attorney, specialized for Medicaid planning. Online DIY forms are usually not sufficient.
2. Don't rush to sell mom and dad's house or condo to pay for their care. Home ownership can be a fantastic way to protect family assets in connection with Medicaid planning.
3. Don't let your parents make gifts and don't take gifts from them. Gifts often cause a penalty period for Medicaid.
4. Fight to get 100 days of rehab covered by Medicare. The "improvement" standard is not legal.
5. Don't sign any nursing home contract before you have an attorney review the contract.
TOP 5 WAYS TO CUT NURSING HOME COSTS:
Contact attorney Zisl Edelson at Ph. 847-410-9131
Free 15 minute phone consultation.
Your family does not have to go broke paying for long-term skilled nursing care. I help families navigate Medicaid planning and minimize the expense of long-term care and nursing home costs. Please call me if your loved one is in rehab or in a nursing home. It's not too late to get help and protect your life savings.